Las sugerencias aparecerán al escribir el texto de búsqueda. Utiliza las flechas hacia arriba y hacia abajo para revisar. Utiliza enter para seleccionar. Si la selección es una frase, esa frase se introducirá en el buscador. Si la sugerencia es un enlace, el navegador accederá a esa página.


Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!

You can read this article in German or English.

This article provides specific information about local laws that apply to people who host their homes in Bonn. Just like our country article for Germany, it’s your responsibility to verify and comply with any obligations that apply to you as a host. This article can serve as a starting point or place you can come back to if you have questions but it isn’t exhaustive and it doesn’t constitute legal or tax advice. It’s a good idea to check to make sure laws and procedures are current.

Some of the laws that might affect you are complicated. Contact the City of Bonn directly or consult a local advisor, such as an attorney or tax professional, if you have questions.

Short-term rental regulations

Bonn has short-term rental regulations in order to protect and preserve residential space. The regulations came into effect in October 2014.

Residential areas

Bonn’s regulations apply to any place within city limits that’s designated as a residential area by city zoning laws.

Permit requirements

If you rent out more than 50% of the floor space and no exemptions apply you your situation, you’ll need a permit to host within Bonn.

A property might qualify for an exemption if:

  • It’s been used continuously for a non-residential purpose that predates the regulations
  • The primary residents use it for themselves as a secondary home or vacation home (even intermittently)
  • Its owner uses it as a private home or condominium according to §29(1) of the North Rhine-Westphalia Residential Zoning Act (WFNG NRW)
  • It’s located in a residential building with fewer than three residential units (such as a one or two-family house)

You can also contact the responsible staff in the Office for Social Services and Housing or consult a local attorney if you have questions about permits and exemptions.

Zoning violations

Zoning violations can happen a number of ways, for example when you (or someone else) primarily use the residence for commercial or professional purposes. Primary use is defined as more than 50% of the floor space.

¿Te ayudó este artículo?
Recibe ayuda con las reservaciones, la cuenta y otros asuntos.
Iniciar sesión o registrarse